Splendiferous

Thursday, September 26, 2013


DEAR CREATURES DRESS

Hello - it's been forever! A string of rainy days, unkempt hair (aka ROOTS AHOY), and a bad sleeping schedule had left me drained of the energy needed to keep this little corner of the internet updated - BUT the clouds are clearing, my hair will be sorted out momentarily, and I've been drinking a lot of coffee so I'm re-engerized and ready to start creating new content again! (◉‿◉✿)

So I thought I'd say a quick hello and share some things with you!

  • I've rediscovered my love of magazines and isn't this cover of Glamour with Kerry Washington STUNNING?!
  • My mom bought a new coffee maker and I'm SO SO in love!


    LOOKBOOK STORE CAT PURSE *

  • Currently my desk looks like this - surrounding myself with little reminders of the lovely people I am lucky enough to have in my life helps me stay motivated ♡

  • I now own the cutest cat dress of all time thanks to Lookbook Store *! You will be seeing me wear this next week! (=①ω①=)

  • Literally can't stop listening to Arctic Monkeys' newest album, AM! My favorite songs are Do I Wanna Know?, R U Mine?, One For The Road, Arabella, and I Wanna Be Yours!

  • And finally, I found this g o r g e o u s Dear Creatures dress on Urban Outfitters for an additional 30% off sale items sale last weekend! The stars aligned because I even had a gift card from returning a piece from earlier this year (♡‿♡) Can't wait to do an official ""outfit"" post with it!


    WISHCANDY STICKERS (everything is currently 20% off in her store! Some art is nsfw) // LAURA REDBURN ICE CREAM PRINT

    Tomorrow I have a really exciting lookbook post coming up and have so many outfits to show you - I can't wait! I hope you are all well - please tell me what's going on with you lately ♡♡♡

  • 33 comments:

    1. How do you like the dress on? I love the look of it but it always looks like there's potential for major nip slip, haha. Love all of your desk stuff and the bulletin board! :)

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Loveeee it! The sides are sheer but I don't mind a bit of bra showing! Here's what it looks like from the side:

        http://25.media.tumblr.com/614ec0178787139fe62955ea35d2df31/tumblr_mtqtak0YFa1qzkq51o1_500.png

        And front:

        http://judyjetsons.tumblr.com/post/59159057615

        Delete
    2. Ah I absolutely love that UO dress! :)
      Rosie x | Every Word Handwritten

      ReplyDelete
    3. I was going to get a dress just like the cat one, so cute!!!! I love your Dear Creatures dress, it's so pretty and looks quite cozy too.
      I haven't heard The Arctic Monkeys' new album yet, I'll have to check it out. :)

      ReplyDelete
    4. i've never heard of lookbook store, but now i am shopping it! thank you x

      ReplyDelete
    5. I love your dresses + your desk is pure magic!! xoxo

      ReplyDelete
    6. Lovely dresses girl!
      Also I'm really curious about your streamer thingy?
      Is it like a curtain it looks really interesting! c:

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thank you angel! <3 It's a "metallic fringe curtain" for parties - I bought it online here! It makes for a really pretty backdrop :D

        http://www.amazon.com/Metallic-Silver-Foil-Fringe-Curtains/dp/B004N5BKC0

        Delete
    7. Your room is what dreams are made of! I love the metallic thing!

      -Katie

      ReplyDelete
    8. i have no words for all the cute and awesome in these photos!

      ReplyDelete
    9. You have a tinsel curtain in your room and that is AMAZING!

      Becky
      xx

      ReplyDelete
    10. Probably the most beautiful work space I've ever seen! Note to self: acquire an icecream lamp!

      x

      ReplyDelete
    11. Lovely to see you back hehe, your room is ahhmaaaazing :3
      I've been at uni, woking part time at boots, doing an internship and I'm FINALLY trying to get some regularity into my blogging, treating it like a uni schedule aha.
      xoxo

      ReplyDelete
    12. I love the way your desk is set up! It's so girly and so full of life :)

      ReplyDelete
    13. Your desk area is just lovely! Adore the dresses too <3

      andini-ria.blogspot.co.uk

      ReplyDelete
    14. I love your hair and your sense for cute things :) looking forward for new posts!

      macabre-moon.blogspot.com

      ReplyDelete
    15. oh, that dress! how cute! i always love seeing photos of your room, looks like there is a constant birthday party going on in there :)

      lindsey louise

      hellomrrabbitblog.com

      ReplyDelete
    16. You live in that amazing place which is full of lovely sutff oh <3
      http://coeursdefoxes.blogspot.com/

      ReplyDelete
    17. This is the sweetest update post. Delightfully refreshing and inspiring. :]
      ♡ Dulce

      ReplyDelete
    18. I LOVE your desk!! and that ive cream lamp! its a lamp right? haha. I almost bought that! NEED!!

      ReplyDelete
    19. Your Dear Creatures dress is ADORABLE! And I love the Arctic Monkeys!

      Xo, Hannah

      sweetsweetnoir.net

      ReplyDelete
    20. your bedroom is the bedroom OF MY DREAMS

      ReplyDelete
    21. your desk is so inspiring, mine is the most important part of my room!

      ReplyDelete
    22. ahh, i have the same cat tote bag and it's THE BEST! also your little desk area looks so cute and perfect, you have so many lovely things stuck up there. ^_^

      little henry lee

      ReplyDelete
    23. I have also suddenly gotton back into magazine! It's really weird I was obsessed, then stopped and am back on the bandwagon!

      ReplyDelete
    24. Hi! I love your blog and your style and I've seen you on Rookie and I think you really need this dress:

      http://www.etsy.com/listing/156450381/the-little-mermaid-party-dress-made-to?ref=shop_home_active

      ReplyDelete
    25. how have your made your lovely blog design? :)

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Layout is by Pugly Pixel (the "Strawberry Shortcake") one and edited, background, and header by me! <3

        Delete
    26. Love your workspace! I rent and can't tape things to the wall so I have a pinboard busting at the seams with goodness in front of my desk- it keeps me inspired! I love creative clutter xx

      ReplyDelete
    27. you are gorgeous. i love your pink hair- it looks like cotton candy! also your desk area is adorable

      i would dieee if you looked at my blog. xoxox liza teenagefeline.blogspot.com

      ReplyDelete
    28. Adorable room space :D I also like the new album of arctic monkeys

      xo

      ReplyDelete

    Thank you for stopping by! I read (and cherish!) each and every comment, and respond to questions either via email or twitter (to make sure you see them!) ♡

    Mermaidens - Musings of a Modern Mermaid ©2011-2014 All rights reserved
    Portrait in Header Illustration by Sibylline Meynet designed by Designs Blue Moon