Review: One Direction Up All Night Beauty Collection

Monday, August 18, 2014


ONE DIRECTION "UP ALL NIGHT" BEAUTY COLLECTION *

I have a confession to make - I really love pop music. Nestled in between artists like Pulp and New Order on my iTunes you will also find One Direction - because sometimes you really need to sing along to cute singing British boys to lift you up, you know? ;__;

So I was super happy to find out One Direction was coming out with makeup, and even happier to be offered the opportunity to review it!

In a pretty genius move, they created three different makeup sets based on their three different albums - "Take Me Home", "Midnight Memories", and "Up All Night". I was given the Up All Night collection to review - which just happened to be the one I wanted the most…!

The limited edition set came in a cute tin - inside you will find mascara, lip gloss, lipstick, an eyeshadow palatte, eyeliner, and face/body stencils. Here are my thoughts on each product!:

"Little Black Dress" Mascara
Coats your lashes in a very black, volumizing formula that keeps them soft to the touch.
4+1 Eyeshadow Palatte
With four shades cleverly named after song titles, this is a really cute little palatte! I would have liked to see more pigment in these shadows, but the turquoise shade "Save You Tonight" is a standout for it's pigmentation and soft texture.
"Taken" Lip Gloss
Usually I am not a huge lip gloss person, but I was utterly charmed by this one! It's a beautiful glittery blue based pink that glows neon under UV light - so apt for the "up all night" (partying) theme!
"I Should Have Kissed You" Lipstick
Described as a bubblegum pink lipstick, I was pretty impressed by the pigmentation and formula of this even though I'm not really a fan of blue pink lipsticks on me! Lip swatch examples.
"Stand Up" Blue Eyeliner
A chubby stick that can be used with the body stencils included, I liked the color on this but kind of wish it was thinner so I could have more control applying it!
"Na Na Na" Nail Varnish
Another standout in this kit - this metallic, aqua-blue nail polish is gorgeous and reminds me of mermaids! It took about three coats to reach it's full opacity but it's a gorgeous gorgeous, mermaidesque shade!


The nail polish, lip gloss, and turquoise eyeshadow really sold this set for me! Overall I think it's a pretty affordable, charming set and a definite must for a One Direction fan ❤️
US RELEASE DATES:
Macy's - August 11th
Stage Stores – August 25th
Dillards – August 25th
Beauty Brands – August 25th
Lord and Taylor - August 25th
International release dates to come.

Keep up to date with news on availability at the Make-Up by One Direction Facebook Page. * Product samples were provided by BrandBacker.

17 comments:

  1. Pretty colors!

    Tamara
    www.trulytamara.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are gorgeous colours, looks brilliant on you :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha, the idea of One Direction makeup is so weird though...but the colors look pretty on you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. not a fan of 1D but I do love the palette! vibrant colors! :)

    xoxo, rae
    http://www.raellarina.net/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I reviewed this same kit and I've been loving hearing others talk about it. I thought the nail polish was very mermaid-y, too! So perfect for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. These colors are great, the nail polish really is such a pretty color! And honestly, i think everyone (even if they don't want to admit it) has at least ONE One Direction song in their playlist...lol!

    Jessica
    the.pyreflies.org

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oo I like the look of the eye shadow palette! I love your eye make up, looks amazing!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style, Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the way you did your eyeshadow! It reminds me of Debbie Harry <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the look, but those colors are too adventurous for me haha!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hehe, I reviewed the same product! I loved it and it's so fun ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kailey is an actual goddess <3 <3
    so much love

    secret-hipster.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Whilst I'm not a fan, I have to say I like their tin box design. I love anything that comes in a tin, like old lunch boxes or pretty biscuit tins.

    ReplyDelete
  13. as much as I think it's cute, I couldn't bring myself to buy it! haha

    ReplyDelete
  14. That packaging is amazing! And the colors look pretty sweet. My favorite color combo! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. OH MY GOD!! <3 I'm a big fan of 1D and knowing they will launch make up makes me go asdfghjkl but btw they come to good colors! Right now I'm wondering when they will be in Indonesia? Because I'm gonna buy them asap! <3

    xx,
    Hanna from http://ledolcewonderland.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I read (and cherish!) each and every comment, and respond to questions either via email or twitter (to make sure you see them!) ♡

Mermaidens - Musings of a Modern Mermaid ©2011-2014 All rights reserved
Portrait in Header Illustration by Sibylline Meynet designed by Designs Blue Moon