My Favorite Novelty Bags

Friday, October 10, 2014


JUMP FROM PAPER BACKPACK *, VINTAGE SHELL PURSE (GIFT FROM MARLENA), MODCLOTH ICE CREAM PURSE, CAT NOVELTY PURSE FROM LOOKBOOK STORE *, ALDO CONVERSATION HEART PURSE, GOLD SHELL BAG FROM SWAYCHIC *, SILVER SHELL BAG FROM MODCLOTH (OLD), RED LIPS PURSE (GIFT FROM MARLENA), CLOUD PRINT KLING PURSE *

As you can see, I'm kinda obsessed with novelty bags! I'm always drawn to exaggerated shapes, food themes, and colorful designs - and there are so many amazing purses that feature just that! Here is some of my very favorites in my collection.

This Jump From Paper backpack is from their new PINK collection - and I'm in love with each one! The backpack stood out to me in particular because I don't have any backpacks, and just look at it! It's quite roomy and definitely a conversation starter - perfection *__*

My ice cream purse from Modcloth might just be my favorite bag ever. You all know ice cream is one of my very favorite things in the world so the minute I saw it, I knew I needed it ;__;

I put a bunch of novelty purses I have on my wish list in the widget below - including this this Kling popcorn bag (Kling always has such amazing accessories) and this donut purse from ASOS!

Do you have any novelty purses? :*

22 comments:

  1. So much adorable! I'm also a little obsessed with the Modcloth ice cream bag and Jump From Paper! Also in love with the take out box bag from Kate Spade - have you seen that one? If only I could afford it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was actually thinking of doing a video review & tutorial on how the Spaceman backpack can work great for small travel (since I'll be using it for late October on my San Fran trip.)
    And all those scallop shell purses and clutches are to die for!<3

    vegcourtesy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't have any novelty bags but I wish I did... I love that ice cream purse!

    Jessica
    the.pyreflies.org

    ReplyDelete
  4. All very cute! I particularly love that conversation heart purse.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a fun idea for a post. I did one a while back on Amanda and Katie's blog about my accessories collection, but I'd love to do one that focuses more on just my bags... my collection is getting a little out of control. But you know me - I can't resist! <3

    xox Sammi

    ReplyDelete
  6. omg that catface though XD

    wufublog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those shell purses are lovely to the max!
    I have one novelty purse, it's hologram unicorn shaped! Super cute, but kinda tiny though. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am in love with all of these, especially the mermaidy ones. Surprisingly I don't actually have any, except for a spikey backpack that makes me feel like bowser <3

    The Quirky Queer

    ReplyDelete
  9. Novelty bags are fab - I especially love the red lips one, the ice cream and the sketch style backpack!
    Carpe Noctems

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh! I love the ice cream and seashell beside it. Is the ice cream big enough to carry a book? :)

    The Style Mermaid

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ugh, why do these all have to be so perfect?? That ice-cream cone purse looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the Jump from Paper website! Their products are so unique and remind me of video games.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well, you already know how I feel about novelty bags, I just love these ones as well. I just want nothing but novelty bags, haha :)) So amazing xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh, those accessories are adorable! i see you by my imaginary eyes carrying that cat bag <3

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wanting the Ice Cream one!!!! (Insert Heart Eye Emjois)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I adore novelty bags! Everything I see from Jump From Paper blows my mind...I definitely need to see one in real life one day. xo

    ReplyDelete
  17. the pink backpack looks so much like a cartoon that I didn't think this was a photography at first, hahaha
    But the ice cream bag is a total winner, it's just so cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I read (and cherish!) each and every comment, and respond to questions either via email or twitter (to make sure you see them!) ♡

Mermaidens - Musings of a Modern Mermaid ©2011-2014 All rights reserved
Portrait in Header Illustration by Sibylline Meynet designed by Designs Blue Moon