Hello! First things first, my friend Sunny's interviewed me about cartoon characters and Happy Meal toys on her blog Crazy Bat Lady - please take a look!
Meanwhile, I made this ice cream themed party hat for an upcoming outfit post a week or so ago, and thought I might as well share a little DIY post showing how I made it!
You Will Need:
- Ribbon (I got this from Joann Fabrics for a dollar!)
- 12 x 12 Cone-Colored Paper
- Needle & Thread
- Pink Crepe Streamers (got two at the dollar store!)
1. Roll your paper into a cone shape and glue to help it keep it's shape. Cut excess paper.
2. I wanted this to be extra cutesy, so I made it so you can tie a bow under the chin to stay on! To do so, cut a small hole near the bottom and tie a string of ribbon. Repeat this step on the other side.
3. Ruffle the crepe streamer using a straight gathering stitch.
4. Glue ruffle onto the bottom of the party hat, covering where we tied the ribbon earlier.
5. Use a marker to draw a diamond pattern onto the cone so it looks like a waffle cone and you're done!
You also add a pom pom to the top to make it look extra cute (if a little bit less ice cream ish)!
Please let me know if you make any, I want to see! And if you have any questions, feel free to leave it in the comments, tweet me, or send an email!