Sunset Makeup Look

Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Even though it's still rather dreary in Oregon ("Local Girl Shakes Fist at Unrelenting Grey Skies"), Spring is finally here! The flowers are blooming, I've been baking strawberry cookies, and playing with new spring makeup releases! Here is a simple look but with a hint of glam I've been wearing a lot lately.

Maybelline's newest releases have knocked it out of the park - the Dream Cushion Foundation and lipstick in Honey Pink have quickly become a new holy grail for me! The foundation is buildable, light to medium coverage, beautiful finish that is dewy but not TOO dewy for my oily combo skin type - all while using the compact and easy to travel with cushion design! Meanwhile, I've been searching for a favorite pink lipstick shade and Honey Pink has become just that! The tone is so pretty, not too warm or too cool, and I love how creamy the lipstick is. If you would like to see swatches from the entire Inti-Matte Nudes lipstick line, please let me know!


L to R: Maybelline Honey Pink Lipstick, Smashbox Spotlight "Pearl" Palette Highlighter Shades in: Blow a Fuse Pearl, Crank It Up Pearl, Turn it On Pearl, Wet n Wild Blush in The Princess Daiquiries

Meanwhile, in January I picked up two of the Wet n Wild Color Icon Ombré Blushes - the gorgeous gradient look of the blush was what initially got my attention. But to my absolute delight, the blush went above and beyond my expectations, delivering a flushed, natural sun kissed glow! Glitter is visible in the pan, but none transferred to my cheek - just a beautiful sheen of reflective pink! Perfection.


Wearing the Smashbox highlighter in Turn it On Pearl

Finally, I partnered with Smashbox to do a collaboration on instagram featuring their Spotlight Palette - and was so impressed I wanted to share it here as well! Highlighter has dethroned lipstick as my favorite makeup product - it just feels magical! In the palette, you get three different highlighters. I used the yellow toned "Turn it On Pearl" which looked stunning specially when paired with the delicate pink shades of blush and lipstick - I later swapped it out for the shade "Crank It Up Pearl", a rose gold, and was equally impressed!


Wearing the Smashbox highlighter in Crank It Up Pearl

Happy Spring!

FACE
Maybelline Dream Cushion Foundation *
Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette
Wet n Wild Color Icon Ombré Blush in The Princess Daiquiries
Maybelline Inti-Matte Nudes in Honey Pink *
Smashbox Spotlight Pearl Palette *

8 comments:

  1. This is such a pretty look, I've been wearing a similar look myself, been loving shades of pink at the moment!! Gorgeous photos!

    Emma x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm just as pale as you and that lipstick looks lovely! I'm going to see if I can find it in stores. I've been super interested in the Wet & Wild blushes toooooo! Thank you for reviewing these! 😍

    ReplyDelete
  3. all this pink is so perfect on you! and i love the Simpsons reference in the beginning haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. The lipstick coordinates with your hair so nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a pretty look for spring! It's been quite dreary here (it snowed a few days ago!), but I can't wait for spring weather ♥
    Amy xx

    Little Moon Dragon

    ReplyDelete
  6. people have been raving about the maybelline dream cushion and i'm so bummed we don't have it here. the one available in my country is the super bb cushion and fresh matte bb cushion and i don't know if the super bb cushion is as good as dream cushion one. the same goes wet n wild ombre blushes - it's not available in where i live! :(

    (but i did try wet n wild's color icon blush in pearlescent pink and i love it)

    anyway, love that lipstick! such an easy everyday color and it looks so pretty on you :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely colours!

    http://cheremimi.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look like such a lil angel! And that's so exciting you partnered up with Smashbox! I don't think we have those new Maybelline lipsticks here yet, but in a few weeks I'll be in Canada so I'll have a look for them there because that shade looks beautiful!

    littlehenrylee.net

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I read (and cherish!) each and every comment, and respond to questions either via email or twitter (to make sure you see them!) ♡

Mermaidens - Musings of a Modern Mermaid ©2011-2014 All rights reserved
Portrait in Header Illustration by Sibylline Meynet designed by Designs Blue Moon