Land Locked Mermaid by Karen Sofia Colon

Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Last January, I had the pleasure of spending the day with Karen Sofia Colon (and our mutual friend Bao Ngo!) talking, eating ice cream, and collaborating on photos! It was an absolute joy to not only get to pose for this incredibly talented individual - but get to talk to her as well. Karen is remarkably warm, infectious - and has the type of personality that immediately puts you on ease... I hope to be reunited with her soon!

For our shoot together, Karen envisioned me as a mermaid - it was absolutely freezing (it being January when these were taken heh...) and sitting in a metal barrel (... thing?! I'm not sure what this was!) was pretty uncomfortable, but the end result is amazing!




An extra photo we took earlier in the day in the forest.

I have a few projects I'm working on and hope to be updating more frequently soon - I'm looking forward to sharing ♡!

5 comments:

  1. These are some of my favourite photos ever! Ah I love it

    The Quirky Queer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I'm so happy to see you'll be posting more! :) I know you're having a hard time, but I hope you're starting to feel better!
    -Emmy

    Red Haired Maiden of the West

    ReplyDelete
  3. These photos turned out so well! I love that you put so much work into what you create, and I can't wait to see what your other projects are!

    littlehenrylee.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! How Beautiful! You look gorgeous.
    Best Regards
    Robert Smith

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I read (and cherish!) each and every comment, and respond to questions either via email or twitter (to make sure you see them!) ♡

Mermaidens - Musings of a Modern Mermaid ©2011-2014 All rights reserved
Portrait in Header Illustration by Sibylline Meynet designed by Designs Blue Moon