Spring Trends: Romantic Blush

Monday, March 19, 2018

One of my favorite editorial trends for Spring? Too much blush. A trend usually associated with contouring, and at times, harsh, blush of the 80s - I've been seeing makeup artists like Pat McGrath streamlining the look with dewy fresh skin and otherwise toned down makeup. Personally, I LOVE this look and would definitely wear it out for the right occasion... It reminds me of beauty icons in period pieces - think Keira Knightley as Elizabeth Bennet getting flushed running through grassy plains (or her younger sisters eagerly pinching their cheeks to recreate the look!) and Kristen Dunst as Marie Antoinette aggressively piling on the baby pink rouge before finishing with a drawn on beauty mark. What do you think - would you try this trend?





I'm Wearing...
Eyes: Colourpop Eyeshadows in Going Rogue, Itty Bitty, Flipper, & One by One *
Lips: Urban Decay Ultra Cushion Lip Gloss in Snitch *
(Fake) Monarch Butterflies (thank you Bao for these butterflies!)
Forever 21 Gingham Top

2 comments:

  1. I also loooove blush so I would totally wear this trend. It's so pretty and feminine and adds such a sweetness to the face!
    I love all the butterflies you added in these photos, too. So pretty!
    xo
    Kristina
    eyreeffect.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. these pictures and you are beautiful! i've not been too into blush lately, but i feel like with the spring weather i'll be trying to find my pinks and corals as well soon! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I read (and cherish!) each and every comment, and respond to questions either via email or twitter (to make sure you see them!) ♡

Mermaidens - Musings of a Modern Mermaid ©2011-2014 All rights reserved
Portrait in Header Illustration by Sibylline Meynet designed by Designs Blue Moon