Makeup Look: Mint to Be

Tuesday, May 26, 2020


Needing a break from thinking about serious things, I wanted to share this makeup look I did a few weeks ago! My inspiration? Wanting to play with some new (to me) products (like the Colourpop Mint to Be Eyeshadow Palette *!), the 60s, and mint chocolate chip ice cream.

Colourpop Mint to Be Eyeshadow Palette * and Colourpop Flux Eyeshadow *
Undoubtly the star of this makeup look is Colourpop's Mint to Be Eyeshadow Palette! Mint is one of my favorite colors, so I was extra excited to dip into this palette, which didn't disappoint. Colourpop's shadows really pack a punch, and the lighter shades build up pigmentation easily. I was just playing around with this look so I didn't do anything complicated: I washed Get Fresh and Flux all over the lid, deepened the crease just a smidge with Ice Cold, and frosted the top with Mojito Mami. Very excited to keep playing with this palette!

Revlon Glass Shine Lipstick
The moment I saw Katie Jane Hughes using this lip gloss from Revlon as a highlight, I was sold! It creates the most gorgeous, balmy highlight, and I love the effect.

Colourpop Frisky Business Blush * and Milani Baked Blush in Luminoso
Continuing with the pastel theme, I decided to go very peach for the cheeks. I couldn't decide between the matte peach Frisky Business Blush and the, well, luminous Milani Blush in Luminoso - so I mixed them together! I loved how it turned out, it looked almost like golden hour pink on my cheeks.

NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Buenos Aires
After searching high and low for a pink that doesn't pull too cool toned, I finally found it in NYX's Soft Matte Lip Cream in Buenos Aires. It's the dreamiest, true peach shade that dries down to a beautiful powdery matte. I love to blur the edges on the lip! I really like their Soft Matte Lip Cream formula - while it does pull a little dry, as long as your lips are moisturized it should be fine. They really pack a punch for the affordable price point, and they offer such a nice range of colors.

All this to say... I'm having a hard time tracking down this shade, and I'm starting to fear it's been discontinued :'( If you have any recommendations for peach lipsticks, please let me know!

I really like how this makeup look turned out! The warm peach tones paired with the minty hues look so pretty together, and I was impressed with how everything performed. Thank you for reading, and I'm sending y'all so much love ♡

8 comments:

  1. This is such a lovely look for spring! I don't normally wear blush but I would love to try out that combination to get that golden hour pink glow! ♥

    www.mooeyandfriends.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much angel! I definitely recommend blush in general, but especially this combination <3

      Delete
  2. Ah this is such a cute look, I don't think I've ever worn the colour mint green (in clothes or makeup) but I might have to try it

    The Quirky Environmentalist

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much dear! I LOVE the color mint, it's really fun to incorporate in your beauty AND style wardrobe, IMO! <3

      Delete
  3. Such a lovely look and make up! I love these type of colors, and with your hair looks really good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eee thank you so much dear! I really like how it looks with the pink hair too ;__;

      Delete
  4. Oooo la la LOVE this look!!

    Allie of
    www.allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I read (and cherish!) each and every comment, and respond to questions either via email or twitter (to make sure you see them!) ♡

Mermaidens - Musings of a Modern Mermaid ©2011-2014 All rights reserved
Portrait in Header Illustration by Sibylline Meynet designed by Designs Blue Moon