Makeup Look: Mint to Be

Tuesday, May 26, 2020


Needing a break from thinking about serious things, I wanted to share this makeup look I did a few weeks ago! My inspiration? Wanting to play with some new (to me) products (like the Colourpop Mint to Be Eyeshadow Palette *!), the 60s, and mint chocolate chip ice cream.

Colourpop Mint to Be Eyeshadow Palette * and Colourpop Flux Eyeshadow *
Undoubtly the star of this makeup look is Colourpop's Mint to Be Eyeshadow Palette! Mint is one of my favorite colors, so I was extra excited to dip into this palette, which didn't disappoint. Colourpop's shadows really pack a punch, and the lighter shades build up pigmentation easily. I was just playing around with this look so I didn't do anything complicated: I washed Get Fresh and Flux all over the lid, deepened the crease just a smidge with Ice Cold, and frosted the top with Mojito Mami. Very excited to keep playing with this palette!

Revlon Glass Shine Lipstick
The moment I saw Katie Jane Hughes using this lip gloss from Revlon as a highlight, I was sold! It creates the most gorgeous, balmy highlight, and I love the effect.

Colourpop Frisky Business Blush * and Milani Baked Blush in Luminoso
Continuing with the pastel theme, I decided to go very peach for the cheeks. I couldn't decide between the matte peach Frisky Business Blush and the, well, luminous Milani Blush in Luminoso - so I mixed them together! I loved how it turned out, it looked almost like golden hour pink on my cheeks.

NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Buenos Aires
After searching high and low for a pink that doesn't pull too cool toned, I finally found it in NYX's Soft Matte Lip Cream in Buenos Aires. It's the dreamiest, true peach shade that dries down to a beautiful powdery matte. I love to blur the edges on the lip! I really like their Soft Matte Lip Cream formula - while it does pull a little dry, as long as your lips are moisturized it should be fine. They really pack a punch for the affordable price point, and they offer such a nice range of colors.

All this to say... I'm having a hard time tracking down this shade, and I'm starting to fear it's been discontinued :'( If you have any recommendations for peach lipsticks, please let me know!

I really like how this makeup look turned out! The warm peach tones paired with the minty hues look so pretty together, and I was impressed with how everything performed. Thank you for reading, and I'm sending y'all so much love ♡

26 comments:

  1. This is such a lovely look for spring! I don't normally wear blush but I would love to try out that combination to get that golden hour pink glow! ♥

    www.mooeyandfriends.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much angel! I definitely recommend blush in general, but especially this combination <3

      Delete
  2. Ah this is such a cute look, I don't think I've ever worn the colour mint green (in clothes or makeup) but I might have to try it

    The Quirky Environmentalist

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much dear! I LOVE the color mint, it's really fun to incorporate in your beauty AND style wardrobe, IMO! <3

      Delete
  3. Such a lovely look and make up! I love these type of colors, and with your hair looks really good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eee thank you so much dear! I really like how it looks with the pink hair too ;__;

      Delete
  4. Oooo la la LOVE this look!!

    Allie of
    www.allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is important that you learn some important steps to get started with creating a Safepal software wallet.
    Geep up

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really fell happy to read this post thanks for sharing this very good post.
    Dandy

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is important that you learn some important steps to get started with creating a Safepal software wallet.
    Sp5der

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is important that you learn some important steps to get started with creating a Safepal software wallet.
    Essentials Clothing

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is important that you learn some important steps to get started with creating a Safepal software wallet.
    Sp5der Clothing

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is important that you learn some important steps to get started with creating a Safepal software wallet.
    Ninth Hall

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is important that you learn some important steps to get started with creating a Safepal software wallet.
    termo tupperwar

    ReplyDelete
  12. It is important that you learn some important steps to get started with creating a Safepal software wallet.
    Thug Club

    ReplyDelete
  13. It is important that you learn some important steps to get started with creating a Safepal software wallet.
    Essentials Clothing

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really fell happy to read this post thanks for sharing this very good post.
    Essentials Clothing

    ReplyDelete
  15. It is important that you learn some important steps to get started with creating a Safepal software wallet.
    Essentials Clothing

    ReplyDelete
  16. It is important that you learn some important steps to get started with creating a Safepal software wallet.
    geep up

    ReplyDelete
  17. It is important that you learn some important steps to get started with creating a Safepal software wallet.
    Geep up

    ReplyDelete
  18. It is important that you learn some important steps to get started with creating a Safepal software wallet.
    Ninth Hall

    ReplyDelete
  19. It is important that you learn some important steps to get started with creating a Safepal software wallet. Raspberry Hills

    ReplyDelete
  20. It is important that you learn some important steps to get started with creating a Safepal software wallet.
    Paragoose

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is a great feature for sharing this informative message.I am impressed by the knowledge.
    Essentials Clothing

    ReplyDelete
  22. It is important that you learn some important steps to get started with creating a Safepal software wallet.
    Grand Seiko

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I read (and cherish!) each and every comment, and respond to questions either via email or twitter (to make sure you see them!) ♡

Mermaidens ©2011-2014 All rights reserved
Portrait in Header Illustration by Sibylline Meynet designed by Designs Blue Moon