Mermaidens by Laura Manfre

Monday, December 17, 2012

A little over a week ago Laura Manfre, a U.K. based artist I have long admired for her brilliant skill with watercolors and love for kitsch, surprised me with this! Laura painted this portrait of little old me, and I can't help but feel like the luckiest girl in the world! Such an unbelievably sweet gesture and something I would have never excepted to come about because of starting this blog! ♡

Meanwhile, I really am sorry for how quiet things have been over here lately - I have lots of fun things scheduled but I keep running into road blocks! Tomorrow I have an interview with one of my favorite ladies scheduled, so look out for that!

I hope everybody is enjoying their holiday season (and aren't feeling *too* stressed out by it all)!

♡,
Kailey

29 comments:

  1. This is stunning and jaw-dropping :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow she is so talented! Such a nice pic of you

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely gorgeous!! Love it so much :)

    Pastel Bokeh

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a beautiful picture, you're so lucky!!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. such a beautiful painting, your hair looks so perfect!

    littlehenrylee

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, this is stunning! An excellent likeness, too!

    - October

    ReplyDelete
  7. How pretty! And it looks just like you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE this! It's beautiful and really captures you well. I'm totally jealous!

    <3 katherine
    of corgis and cocktails

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW! That is really awesome. I am so excited to be one of your new followers. Actually my most recent post was titled "Mermaiden" - Crazy, huh?

    I absolutely adore water colors, too.

    http://nauticalowl.blogspot.com/2012/12/mermaiden.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is incredible! It looks exactly like you. It makes me want to request one of myself just to see what she'd come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a cool piece of art work! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my, this is so pretty and so absolutely looks like you!
    -Kati

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is amazing! Laura is so talented! Definitely gonna have a good browse through her blog now

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW!
    This is a gorgeous piece!!

    <3 Vega
    http://thevintagesiren.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, this is so amazing! It looks so much like you Kailey. The hair is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow she is so so so talented! :) love love love the hair! swoon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a beautiful little picture ^_^ x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I read (and cherish!) each and every comment, and respond to questions either via email or twitter (to make sure you see them!) ♡

Mermaidens - Musings of a Modern Mermaid ©2011-2014 All rights reserved
Portrait in Header Illustration by Sibylline Meynet designed by Designs Blue Moon