Makeup Look: Starry Eyed

Tuesday, September 24, 2019


When it comes to makeup, I must confess I usually stick with very "wearable", soft looks because I'm always secretly afraid the artsy, "out there" looks won't flatter me. But I've been so inspired by Euphoria's runway ready makeup looks (along with everybody else!), I decided to try out an intense smokey eyeshadow look with a side of Swarovski crystals!

Smokey eyes are notoriously difficult (I've only ever attempted a few and never liked the end result!), so I loosely followed Kerie Ortiz's smokey eye tutorial one rainy afternoon. I forgot to wing the eyeshadow out (d'oh!), but otherwise I love how this look turned out so much! Originally it was just going to be a makeup test, so I just snapped a few selfies - but I decided to share it on Instagram and y'all were SO sweet and supportive! Honestly, it was very reaffirming. I know it's silly, but it's so easy to put yourself in a box of what you can and can't do, and this was a nice reminder that going out of your comfort zone can be a good thing.

What should I try next? And would you ever rock a smokey eye?


Details:
Mauvey Pink, and Gray Matte Eyeshadows
Sugarpill Bulletproof Eyeshadow *
Tarte Double Take Eyeliner *
Urban Decay Glitter Eyeliner in Glam Rock *
Swarovski crystals
Anastasia of Beverly Hills Contour Kit
ASOS Dress



6 comments:

  1. This look is gorgeous with your pink hair! I love how glittery and deep it is against the pastel femininity of your hair color.
    xo
    Kristina
    http://eyreeffect.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is so sweet, thank you so much Kristina! 💗

      Delete
  2. oh HECK yeah!! love how it turned out. really compliments your eye color!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate this so much - thank you! It was really fun to get out of my comfort zone for once 💘

      Delete
  3. Sooo pretty!! It looks so gorgeous on you.

    Regina/ Margarita Bloom Beauty Brand
    WEBSITE: http://www.margarita-bloom.com
    BLOG: http://www.cherrylipsblondecurls.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Margarita! I'm so happy you like the makeup look 💞

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by! I read (and cherish!) each and every comment, and respond to questions either via email or twitter (to make sure you see them!) ♡

Mermaidens - Musings of a Modern Mermaid ©2011-2014 All rights reserved
Portrait in Header Illustration by Sibylline Meynet designed by Designs Blue Moon